No matter how much you try living a healthy life by eating the right foods, working out regularly, and avoiding risks that can affect your health – you can never be sure that nothing will go wrong in the future. Even if you don’t have a family history of serious illnesses, it isn’t a guarantee that you won’t end up in a battle line for an ailment. Knowing that you have a private health care insurance that covers you with prompt access to medical treatments when necessary, will give you a peace of mind.
You might have heard from a family member, seen on the television, or come across the web – the various benefits that a private health care insurance can provide, but have you gotten one for yourself? Health insurance is a vital part of everyone’s life. Not only will it cover your financial assets, but will also promote wellness and well-being.
A private health care insurance provides access to private healthcare, which renders significant beneficial factors in terms of time, quality of care, convenience, and comfort.
What are the benefits of a private medical insurance?
· No Queues: A faster appointment is probably the greatest advantage that a private health insurance patient can get. There’s no need to rush and endure long-waiting lists, in regards to certain treatments and medications.
· Choice: Most health insurance policies offer great privileges – such as access to some of the country’s leading health consultants, the best hospitals available, as well as en-suite facilities and better food options.
· Continuity of Care: With a private health insurance, you have the opportunity to see your chosen consultant whenever you go for an appointment or for a treatment.
· More Personal Care: A private health clinic or hospital can always give you a little extra service, which can add to your well-being. It’s equipped with more staff – providing you with the utmost care, excellent service, and a high degree of comfort.
· Privacy and Comfort: You don’t have to worry about being on a mixed-sex ward or with other patients when availing a private medical insurance. You can have the private room of your choice, as well as unrestricted visiting hours. If cleanliness and a higher level of privacy are what you need, you’ll also get them throughout your stay.
What treatments are available?
Three different types of treatment are available in a private health insurance:
· Out-Patient Treatment: This normally takes place in an out-patient department where a patient receives a referral from a general practitioner, as well as advised on which specialist or hospital he/she should go to before being hospitalized.
· In-Patient Treatment: This requires admission to a hospital for one or more days, depending on the patient’s condition.
· Day Patient Treatment: In this type of treatment, a patient needs prolonged treatment, but doesn’t have to be in the hospital overnight. He/she could spend a couple of hours or the whole day to recover from a diagnostic or series of tests.
You don’t have to be wealthy just to have the best private health insurance as many insurance companies provide a range of policies to suit all budget types. Choose the type of health coverage that accommodates your lifestyle, as well as your budget!
For more information about health insurance Australia, visit http://www.phoenixhealthfund.com.au/.